Re: [Alpines] Brake switch and door window questions

To: rootesalpine@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Brake switch and door window questions
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:57:55 -0600
Rob:

 Post 5+6 (end) of that thread.

Ron Tebo

ubject: Re: Damn Brake Light Switch
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:00:50 -0800
From: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
CC: alpines@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net

Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com wrote:

 >I was actually thinking of using an old door light switch for it.  I've
 >got one and it has a very light spring mechanism.  I actually have two
 >Rootes factory original GT ones, but thought I'd use one from another car!
 >
 >I'm not sure I understand about the wires in the passenger compartment.
 >Are there two leads that will complete the circuit?  If so, what about the
 >wires next to the hydraulic switch?  Do they need to be connected?  Left
 >separate?  Any idea what colors these extra wires are?  My wiring harness
 >is from a very late SV Alpine - though it is in a S3 body.
 >
 >Jay

Jay:
Since I couldn't find the wires that are supposed to be in the passenger
compartment, I just pulled out the two wires that plug into the switch in
the engine compartment, attached long wires to those, and ran them back
through the firewall to the "new" stop light switch above the brake pedal.
If I take the time to find the wires in the passenger compartment, that will
be a lot cleaner install.
Steve Sage
ubject: Re: Damn Brake Light Switch