Tech Tip

To: "Alpine, Message" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tech Tip
From: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:17:49 -0500
Here is a method for cleaning out the inside of plastic reservoirs -
such as coolant over flow tanks. I often find these full of 'crud'
(sorry for the technical language) that defies soap & water but I do not
want to use strong solvents that might destroy the plastic.

After rinsing out as much crud as possible, I dump in some crushed ice
then shake the reservoir to scour the inside of the tank. The edges of
the ice are sharp enough to clean it out without ruining the plastic.
Then, rinse it out with warm water & the ice (and 'crud') are gone!