Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine
From: "John, Sandra & Ryan Lee" <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:53:55 -0600
Unfortunately don't fit.

Took a wheel off out 98 Ford Contour and stuck in on the front passenger
side of my Alpine today.

Same bolt pattern, but the A-arm rubs on the inside of the rim. Was
thinking this was a possibly cheap solution to get 14" wheels on my
Alpine. I was thinking of modifying steel wheels and put trim rings and
Alpine hub-caps on. But oh well.

I've tried reading through the list. I've heard good things about
Mustang wheels, I've heard bad thins about Mustang wheels. I also saw
comments about SuperLite wheels. I checked their website but
unfortunately they don't have a price listed.

So what's the final word on which non-Alpine wheels can bolt on?

Ps. Met one person at a show who had 13" wheels on his Alpine, but
high-profile tires. Wouldn't this make the car more unstable?

Cheers,

Ryan.