Re: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine

Subject: Re: Ford Contour wheels on the Alpine
From: Paul Heuer <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:19:36 -0500
I have the 14" deep offset (ie RWD type) Superlites on my S3. They fit
the rear fine, but protrude from the front guards. I tried the shallow
offset (ie FWD type), thinking I'd fit them on the front and keep RWD
types on the rear, but the castings are very different.

My suggestion would be, if spacers are legal in your part of the world,
to fit FWD type all round, using spacers on the rear. If not, fit
13x5.5.

The wheels look great, very 'period correct', and are 14x6 allowing a
good range of tyre choice.
Cheers,
Paul.