RE: follow up to Help my ALpine V won't start

To: "Ed Howard" <edsonh2000@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: follow up to Help my ALpine V won't start
From: "Jarrid Gross" <jgross@econolite.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:59:45 -0700
Ed,

That you say the lights wont even work suggests that
the solenoid itself is not the probblem, but that the
heavy gauge wiring or connections between the battery
and the solenoid is at fault.

The battery + (on neg ground) goes directly from the battery
to a solendoid terminal, where it ties into the ammeter, the
regulator ECT.  You must be able to measure +12v at this
location, or the you need to look closer to the battery
for the connection probs.

Ed, Where are you located in OC? (I'm allways up for a free beer)...

Jarrid Gross