Re: [follow up to Help my ALpine V won't start]

To: Ed Howard <edsonh2000@yahoo.com>, List Alpine
Subject: Re: [follow up to Help my ALpine V won't start]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:26:08 -0400
They sure do.  I have an old set of pliers that I use the handles to jump the
big connectors on the solenoid.  If you have an original equipment solenoid,
there is a button (usually under a rubber cap) that allows you to manually
engage the solenoid.

Good luck, be careful using the plier approach-lots of sparks, etc. MAKE SURE
THE CAR IS OUT OF GEAR!!!

Jan

Ed Howard <edsonh2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Jarrid, want to come over and get some free beer for
your help?

The battery is good, and my voltmeter registers power
at the input from the battery to the solenoid under
the bonnet, but I can't seem to get any reading at the
OUTPUT from the solenoid.

Do these solenoids go bad? Mine surely looks original.

Ed Howard
Orange County, CA
67 Mark V

http://sbc.yahoo.com