Re: follow up to Help my ALpine V won't start

To: "Ed Howard" <edsonh2000@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: follow up to Help my ALpine V won't start
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@lightbound.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:56:56 -0500
I have seen some failures of solenoids.  The strangest was on a Rambler with
a Ford type of solenoid.  The car would mysteriously die, then could
immediately be restarted.  the problem was it would die under the most
dangerous conditions.  Drove the owner crazy, spending over a thousand
dollars (1970) on tune ups, fuel pumps, dropping gas tank, etc.  Finally,
the solenoid stuck in the "start" position, necessitating an emergency
cutting of the battery cable.  The solenoid was replaced and the car never
died again.

Yes, they can fail, and in strange ways.

Bill