Paint Questions

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Questions
From: RSWiser@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:46:28 EST
I am just about done stripping the paint.  Wow what a job.  5 Layers of
paint.  Almost all bare metal now.

Question, those of you who have done major painting on the Alpine.  I presume
it is best to remove the doors and paint the jambs.  Do you take the hinges
off the frame or off the door?  And are the nuts welded on the back sides?

I have removed the windshield, door glass, all the trim, and about ready to
do a bit of body work.  Only three small spots to cut out and weld in new.
Total area about 6"X6" in three different areas.

Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Rob