Lets talk Glass

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lets talk Glass
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:00:15 EST
List,
I have purchased several used sets of door glass for my series 3 restoration in
pursuit of glass free from scratches.  I am starting to think there is no such
thing.  I now have enough glass to build a house.  Thanks to all that have sold
me that "Cherry" glass. :)

Scratches seem to be most frequent on the trailing edge where the felt strip or
outside weather strip was.  Since the leading edge rests and travels in the
channel of the wing window, this area does not lend itself to rubbing on it's
way up and down.  If only people would have &#8220;maintained&#8221; their
cars!!

My question is...
Has anyone had glass cut (copied) with good success?  Ian was telling me the
"thickness" of this glass is somewhat unique and may not be available.

While were on the glass....
Has anyone tinted Plexi-glass.  Specifically, the rear plexi on the hard top?
I would think it should not cause any more trouble than glass but I'm just not
sure.

Kick'n Ass Talk'n Glass

Paul
Colorado