Re: Strombergs

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strombergs
From: LOsoccer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:30:22 EST
Here I go again.  I have gasoline in the float chamber, I have backed the
jets out three turns, and there is no gas getting into the intake manifold.
I had the carbs rebuilt with the redo of the engine.  I don't know if the
linkage is wrong, there is some trick to strombergs or what. Is there a
mechanical connection between the throttle disc and the "cold start" valve?
I have a Haynes book on strombergs I can't tell what's going on.  The car
does run when I prime the carbs.  That's one success anyway.  Everything on
this car is a new challenge.

 Its a Series III with a Ser V engine with duel side draft strombergs.

David