Re: Overdrive oil

To: "Tom Yang" <TYang@compuserve.com>, "unknown"
Subject: Re: Overdrive oil
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:51:45 -0500
---- On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Tom Yang (TYang@compuserve.com) wrote:

> .....I'm hesitant to use thinner oil on the irreplaceable
parts in my
> Ferrari transmission. What to do, what to do!

Dump the Ferrari, buy an OD for your Alpine, and use 30wt non-
detergent oil ...... what other response were you expecting
from an Alpine list? ;-)

Sounds like you've already answered the question - I'd go with
the Ferrari book for the same reasons you cite.  You may want
to do a sanity check with the Volvo folks.   I had heard they
switched their factory recommendation for their Laycock units
of the early '70s from 30wt to 90wt oil without any
corresponding change to the OD spec.

Sounds like an interesting project - best of luck with it.

Regards,  Bob Douglas

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag