Re: I swear, eBay must be a parallel universe...

To: <CANISDOG@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I swear, eBay must be a parallel universe...
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:55:09 -0500
You're right... don't get me wrong. I like eBay because I can buy things that
you can't find anywhere else... I'm just down on eBay right now because I've
become involved in a Federal Investigation over identity fraud. I'm not a
suspect, but since my identity was one that was stolen from eBay's database and
used to steal $1000's of dollars, I must become involved to help catch the
guilty person and testify to defend myself. EBay refuses to admit that they
have an insecure database and they aren't doing anything to help these poor
guys that lost all their money either. As far as I'm concerned... eBay is just
as guilty as they ones who stole the ID's and money. For all I know... it could
have even been an inside job... and more than likely it was.

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> <CANISDOG@aol.com> 02/04/02 12:40PM >>>
Well, for me, E-Bay has been great.  I have bought many items on E-Bay that I
paid too much for but the flip side of that is this.  I would never have found
the item!
As for selling...
I hate junk.  If I'm not going to use it I get rid of it and E-Bay has been a
great way to do that.  It has also generated some $$ to help offset the 1000's
I'm spending with the ones that should be on e-bay (this would be bring thier
prices down!) like Classic and SS.
We don't hesitate to spend it for the new stuff!!  But for the stuff we can't
buy new we bitch!!
Heh, I'm not trying to stir it up, just looking at the positive.  I'll be
listing some more extras if I can...
Van Nuys plating just called me with ANOTHER chrome and plating bill.
$548.00!!!!

Paul
(poor but happy)