I swear, eBay must be a parallel universe...

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: I swear, eBay must be a parallel universe...
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 23:53:25 -0500
Remember in Superman there was Bizzarro, the evil Superman twin who lived in
an opposite world?  Well, eBay must be some sort of similarly twisted
parallel universe... I never cease to be amazed by the prices people get for
stuff.  First there were the $800 bottles of "Plastigoop" (for those of you
who never made "Creepy Crawlers" this is doubtless lost on you), and now
there comes this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601353159

It's just a bloody vacuum/boost gauge, people... get a grip, for crying out
loud.

(Oh, and check out the timing of the bids, too.. everybody clamors in at the
last 50 seconds.  I didn't even bother to bid - it was already WAY out of my
range DAYS ago.)

Sheesh.  I swear, eBay is going to turn what was once a joe-sixpack hobby
into a 'for the wealthy only' gig just like every other fun thing in life
these days... sigh.. I see the hobby slipping away before me.

Kevin McLemore
67 Alpine
59 Renown
(...and *brand-new-in-the-original-box* Judson - yes, really - for a
Sprite/Morris/Austin, awaiting a worthy Morris Minor Traveller - but that
gauge just sold for more than I originally paid for the entire blasted
supercharger! Wonder what I'd get for THAT on eBay? [No, it's not for sale])