Re: Re: 3 questions

To: "jumpinjan" <servaij@cris.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: 3 questions
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:08:26 -0500
I recall a magazine article where a body shop owner really
discouraged the use of silicone/RTV as a body sealer because of
the acetic acid content.  He wasn't claiming it would
immediately eat a hole through the body, but suggested not
using something that would aggravate a rust problem when there
are very good non-corrosive alternatives.

It stuck in my mind because I read it the day after sealing a
leaking windshield with black RTV... :-(

Regards,  Bob Douglas

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Sun, 03 Feb 2002, jumpinjan (servaij@cris.com) wrote:

> Bill Mounce wrote:
> > Finally, when I put the winddhield back in the frame, am I
wise to use
> > silicone in the gasket, or just between the gasket and the
body?  ......

> If you are referring to the aquarium silicone sealer, than
NO. I don't
> think it necessary to use any sealer in/around the
windscreen. If you do
> need someting, I would use a 3M urethane base windshield
sealer in the