Re: Brakes binding and overheating

To: "Al Adams" <aradams@gte.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes binding and overheating
From: "Arnoud Venema" <arnoud.venema@hetnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:17:23 +0100
Hi Al,

Before dismanteling MC or main cylinder think about your brakefluid. This is
very hygroscopic and causes rust inside the brakeclaws.
I had this problem 2 times already.
I just removed the brakepads, made the pistons move smoothly with the help
of slip-joint plier.
More important, I renew the brakefluid at least every 2 years to prevent
water to do it's rusty task!

Arnoud Venema
The Netherlands
Alpine SV and Hillman Avenger