New interest in Alpnes

To: "Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: New interest in Alpnes
From: "Dave Moorhead" <dmoorhea@iconz.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:22:39 +1300
It's happening in New Zealand too!
There have been four ads on the telly here featuring Rootes cars recently,
a Pitstop exhaust shop with a red S4 or 5 Alpine on the hoist, plus one for
garages with a Maxwell Smart type calling the chief on his shoephone while
driving a white Alpine in & out of said garage, another demented ad for
garden equipment briefly shows a 1960 - ish Hillman Minx/Humber 80 (don't
ask me to explain that one, it's too weird) and the latest & my personal
favourite a 1955 Hillman Californian being driven all over the road by a
little old lady, scattering pedestrians & demolishing a roadside fruit
stall, all in the interests of selling an Hayfever medication! - she's
following a roadmarker truck who's driver is having a bit of trouble keepng
the centreline straight due to sneezing. (Of course, happens all the time
here.)
Makes a change from the usual Hodens, Falcons, VW's, Morris Minors etc..
Dave