Re: Dashboards

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <jgoodby@tpg.com.au>
Subject: Re: Dashboards
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:00:00 -0500
Series I ansd II' s had a bakelite dash that was painted silver. Series III was
the first year to introduce the wood dash with the GT model. Series III ST had
a Bakelite dash painted black crackle. Series IV and V's had a bakelite dash
covered in vinyl, unless of course it was a GT. No Series I or Series II
Alpines ever came from the factory with a wood dash. The exception being the
Harrington Le Mans, which was based on a Series II body. However, this dash was
not actually wood either. It was a simulated wood finish, sort of like formica.

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> "BMT (John Goodby)" <jgoodby@tpg.com.au> 11/14/00 09:46PM >>>
I have a 1967 Series V Alpine and the dashboard is a bakelite/plastic item
covered in black vinyl.

However, every other Alpine I have seen has a wooden dash and I don't seem to
see a timber dash as an option. So how would this be.??

I am seriously looking at making a timber dash from Australian wood as I have
to get a new dash anyway for the conversion to RHD.

Any comments/feedback from others ??

Incidentally, any ideas where I can get a layout of the correct location of
warning lights and switches. I have the main gauges OK, but need to know where
all the other bits go on the dashboard.

John Goodby