Re: Castor / Camber

To: maxim <maxim@post7.tele.dk>
Subject: Re: Castor / Camber
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 19:16:46 -0700
Hi Maxim or Chris--whichever is right:
I was at Smitty's and he has a copy of the Clymer publications Sunbeam
Owners Handbook of Maintenence and Repair that, based on what you
showed, combines the caster from the german, camber from the english:
Caster: 4 degrees, 41'
Camber: 0 degrees, 30' +- 15'.

Which basically seems to confuse things further.

For myself, I rather suspect that for day to day use it doesn't matter
very much which is used--the caster and camber police haven't been by to
haul me off yet and as I recall when I got the alignment adjusted the
alignment guy wasn't able to get it to match the above specs exactly
anyway. 'Course my tires are old and cruddy and need to be replaced
anyway.

Regards

David Sosna
S4 GT V6