Re: Zenith Carb Throttle Shaft Bushing

To: Ivan.Witbracht@West.Boeing.com
Subject: Re: Zenith Carb Throttle Shaft Bushing
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:56:51 CST
Ivan,
There is no bushing there to begin with but...
I had my twin Zeniths rebuilt, and the throttle shafts needed bushed. The
rebuilder reams out the body of the carb and presses in some inserts to suit
the diameter of the shafts. Quite a common operation for old carbs.

Tom W. didn't think the shafts were too bad, so I suspect the rebuilders
just do it as a matter of course.
Cheers,
Paul.

Ivan says...
I have a Series 2 with twin Zenith carbs that I rebuilt about ten years ago.
However now, I have an air leak at the point where the throttle shaft enters
each of the carb bodies.  1) Since I can't remember, is there a bushing
there that can be replaced?  2) If not, would this be the type of job a
normal machine shop could handle? 3) Any other suggestions?
------