Re: Fron Brake Calipers

To: CANISDOG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fron Brake Calipers
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:55:09 -0700
CANISDOG@aol.com writes:
>Anyone rebuilt their own?

They're easy to rebuild.  I had to replace my pistons, though, which
are a bit pricey.  But the replacement pistons are quite nice and high
quality.  The rebuild is simple and straight-forward as long as there
are no problems with the pistons.  Just use some low pressure air to
get the pistons out and you're good to go.  Clean the bore, as long as
it won't score your pistons, you're OK.  I took mine completely apart
(the two halves), which is not recommended, to clean them out totally.
I have not had any problems with them after nearly 4000 miles.

CNA