Temperature Guage

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature Guage
From: "Marc Stenchever" <Marcsten@prontomail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:08:57 -0700
We had a surprise alte summer day here in Seattle - about 80 degrees.
I decided to take this opportunity to check my temp. guage. Here's
what I found. Coolent warmed up and thermostat open fully, coolent
topped up; guage reads about 88 degrees centigrade. The thermometer
inserted into the radiator cap opening says 80 exactly. Is the guage
off by this much, or is it expected that things will be that much
cooler at the radiator opening? Seems like nearly 10 degrees
centigrade is quite abit off. Any thoughts?
Marc