Spark plug gap

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Spark plug gap
From: "William Lewis" <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:57:41 -0700
I just installed my Pertronics unit and I do believe the car starts a
little quicker.  One thing for sure, I won't have to keep fiddling with
points.  I also have a Bosch blue coil.  I don't know the rating of this
coil, but I don't think it is that hot because I have been shocked by
better units.  (I guess that explains a lot.)  My question is what spark
plug gap can I run on my split fire spark plugs.  Stock is 25 thousands for
a Sunbeam.  I tried 35 thou before I put in the Pertronics, and I had a
hard time starting the car when hot.  If someone else has done the trial
and error, I hope to learn from you.
Bill FrankenSeries Lewis