Re: Spark plug gap

To: Russell & Neola <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>
Subject: Re: Spark plug gap
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:10:08 +1000
Sounds like every Champion plug I ever met.  I have refused to use them for
years.

When we were rallying a Mazda R100 Rotary we used to run those surface gap
plugs.  They were great - the only thing we could find that would stand up to
the 10,000 rpm my driver used all the time ( I kid you not, I have seen the tach
needle hard up against the back of the Zero bumpstop which was an indicated
12,000).

Speaking of Hillman Imps, did you know that a guy in Sydney once had one fitted
with a 289 ci Ford V8 - for circuit racing only. Not great in corners, but gee
it was quick in a straight line.............

Cheers

Vic