Re: [6pack] too much time to think...

To: Bob Danielson <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Subject: Re: [6pack] too much time to think...
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Bob Danielson wrote:

> I saw this '62 Sprite with a straight 6 3.8L jag engine in it at The British
> Invasion a few years ago so why not a V-12! You can see the Sprite about 1/2
> way down this page (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Stowe.htm)  I think
> Hemmings did an article on it last year.

The 700 LB mass of the over 5 liter Jag V12 is a bit of a problem...

But, if you build one, they can make stinkin' big numbers. There's one up
my way punched out to over 6 liters and he makes over 600 ft/lb of torque!
It's in an E-type body, of course.

But the weight of the V12 is a pretty big deterrent in my book.

> Bob

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums