[6pack] Quick trans question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Quick trans question
From: STEVE STERN <machinemd@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:44:15 -0400
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question. Knowing I had a bad rear crank seal and a trans leak, I
pulled em out to correct. I was surprised to find the 4 speed trans leaking on
top where the shift shafts go in. I first checked to see if a breather was
plugged and found none. Did I miss it somewhere? I then drained the trans and
found 1 1/2 quarts tho the Haynes quotes 2.4 pints....9 ounces over! When I
checked it last year I filled it to the fill plug and dropped the car down on
its wheels to let the excess drain out, then reinstalled the plug. Is this the
accepted routine? Maybe I shoulda let it sit longer?? Where did I screw up?!

Thanks for all advice.

Steve
1974 TR6

6pack@autox.team.net