[6pack] Quick ratio steering rack questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, 6pack-request@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Quick ratio steering rack questions
From: jhmdds@aol.com
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:36:03 -0400
I received my new quick ratio steering rack off backorder from Moss last week.
While installing it last night I noticed that there is no plug in the cap nut
to attach the ground strap to like on the old rack.  Question #1: What are
folks solving this problem?  #2: Are the cap nuts interchangeable?  #3: I have
the Goodparts aluminum rack mounts.  Are the Goodparts mounts better or should
I use the one included with the rack?  #4:  When I attach the tie rod ends to
the proper length they run into the dust shields behind the rotors.  What kind
of angle or geometry or relationship should I be looking for as the bolt end
of the tie rod passes into the receiver on the spindle arm?

Thanks,

James Maddox '76 Tr6

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html