Re: [6pack] CASTROL GT LMA

To: "'Robert Liam Gannon'" <trsix74@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] CASTROL GT LMA
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:51:42 -0400
Here's a whole thread (http://tinyurl.com/m5z64e) on this very subject over
in the 6-Pack Forum. Bottom line is Castrol probably had a marketing guy
say......."if we put synthetic on the label it will sound more
techie".......but the real bottom line is smart guys like us confused
synthetic with Dot5 Silicone and starting asking if they were compatible.
Even more confusing is the use of the labels DOT5 and DOT5.1 brake fluid.
Why couldn't they call synthetic DOT4.9? Castrol Synthetic GT LMA is fully
compatible with DOT3 & DOT4 fluids and is a full fledges paint eating brake
fluid.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection