Re: [6pack] Nissan Differential conversion

To: "'michael lunsford'" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Nissan Differential conversion
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 20:19:31 -0400
I'm on my second year with one
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/DiffMain.htm). You have a choice of ratios
from low to high and close to TR6 stock. It's a direct bolt up with the
Goodparts kit. I did have to play with the Tee Shirt area but it was no big
deal.  Very quiet, very smooth and no leaks....not a drop. I changed out the
rear seal and changed the gear oil. Rick Patton machined the flange for me
but if you buy your diff from Goodparts it comes with a machined flange. The
only downside was I had noisy clicking axles which could be due to added
torque or a lousy grease packing job by me. So last winter I went with the
Goodparts CVJs (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/CVJ.htm) which had the added
benefit of bolting directly to the Nissan diff with no adapters required.
You get a nice power increase with the CVJs too....

If you source your own diff, make sure you stick to the list on the
Goodparts site as there are R200 short and long nosed models and only the
short nosed ones will fit properly.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection