Re: [6pack] Nissan Differential conversion

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Nissan Differential conversion
From: Mitch <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:55:29 -0400
Hey Mike,
Did the conversion a little over two years ago & in my opinion it's the
only way to go. The cost of rebuilding an original TR differential is so
close to the conversion it's a no brainer. Plus, you get an LSD. It is a
direct bolt in with a Toyota 5-speed or TR trany. It is super quiet &
strong. No more work than install ing the original. The toughest part is
the diff to driveshaft bolts. These are a little deeper into the T-shirt
than original but do-able.

Herman recommends welding the driveshaft to eliminate the slide when
using the Toyota trans. I have not done this & have had no problems. His
fear is that the driveshaft can extend, pushing the thicker part of the
flange deeper in to the trany output seal & loose the fluid. If I ever
have a reason to pull the driveshaft I'll do it for insurance but I
don't see it happening.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.