[6pack] UPDATE 65MPH WOBBLE

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] UPDATE 65MPH WOBBLE
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:09:52 -0400
Again, thanks to the list for replying with information. Tires, being not
balanced or out of round was not the issue as many wrote in. Nothing to do
with tie rod ends or suspension or possible loose nuts.

The issue was in the hub. The front fascia of the hub was slightly warped.
How, don't ask me, but two members wrote to me off line and gave me the
answer. I took the recommendations and followed instructions. I removed hubs
from the spindle, removed the studs and bearings, left the races in, took it
to a machine shop and had them remove a fraction, just enough to ensure the
fascia was totally flat, on the lathe. The results are a perfect ride at any
speed with no wobble. Thanks everyone..

Robert L. Gannon

 <http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/site/?/home/>
http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/site/?/home/