Re: [6pack] Venting Problem Causes Fuel Starvation

To: bobfabie@gmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Venting Problem Causes Fuel Starvation
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:33:58 EDT
Bob,
You reference rebuilding your fuel tank.  Is it possible that the  inside
of the the tank was recoated in this process?  IIWY I would put the  car on
stands and disconnect the fule filter and point the fuel line into a  large
gas can and drain the tank.  You obviously want to do this on  somewhat less
than a full tank.  You can then disconnect the fuel line from  the bottom of
the tank simply by removing the right rear wheel.  I would  put a clean pan
under the tank and pour some gas into the tank and see what runs  out. You
can also tie a small flashlight to a string and look in the  tank to see
what is in there.  Being overly cautious I would leave the tank  open to the
air for a day or so to dissipate fumes.  A flashlight should  pose no threat
but just to be extra careful and not end up on the Darwin  Awards.
I offer this from experience as a gob of coating can find its way to the
outlet and starve for fuel and then move away and then find its way back.
Adding gas and stirring things up will move it away from the outlet.
Just my two Euros worth.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO