Re: [6pack] Venting Problem Causes Fuel Starvation

To: robert fabie <bobfabie@gmail.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Venting Problem Causes Fuel Starvation
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:09:58 -0700
        Bob:

        Since running with the cap open still resulted in a sputtering motor, I
think
the restriction in the vent line is a red herring.
        Instead, two possibilities come to mind - vapor lock, or a fuel pump on
the
way out. Anyway, both relate to the fuel delivery side of the equation, not
the vent line. I don't know if the vent line is one way or not, but I
recommend you set aside that one for later. Consider rebuilding your fuel pump
and making sure that your fuel line is properly routed and not touching any
source of heat in the engine compartment. Also, you should insure the fuel
line from the tank is free from restrictions.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast