[6pack] Alternator fan nut

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Alternator fan nut
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:08:54 -0400
Hello,

I am trying to remove the pulley/fan from my 72 Alernator. It is a Delco/Remy
version.

The nut is a 15/16 around what looks like to be a 5/16 allen screw.

I put the pulley in a vice and the nut turns but does not loosen.

I then attached a 5/16 allen socket to the allen screw put that in a vice and
tried to turn the 15/16 nut with a very large box wrench and BFH.

The 15/16 nut does not move! I am afraid of breaking the allen socket if I get
a bigger hammer.

I am trying to turn the nut counter - clockwise. Is that correct?

Any other methods to remove that nut, bolt so the pulley / fan can be removed?

Thanks,

Bob