[6pack] Stuck Main Bearing

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Stuck Main Bearing
From: "john weir" <ajw@golden.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:20:38 -0400
I'm doing #3 main bearing and started with #4 and the Thrust washers. No
problem with them. But I just can't get the top of #3 past half way around.
It's now stuck. I stopped before I did some damage.
Tried tapping (with an alum. bar). Turning with the crankshaft rotating and
using the oil way and pin as a push. Loosening up #4 and #2 for some slack but
with no luck.  Using Permatex red goop for assembly lube.
Now it's stuck (#3 top half).
What is best to do?
Loosen #1?
Con rods went well. And now in the final stretch.
Please help. Maybe a 2 LB. mallet is in order.
Many thanks
John
Greasy and frustrated.