Re: [6pack] Stuck Main Bearing

To: john weir <ajw@golden.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Stuck Main Bearing
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:39:12 GMT
John---The "half way out" is not a good sign, as it sounds like something in
the bearing cap is stuck in the oil feed hole in the block. (This happened to
me once, when I tried to use a partial nail with a head to "move" the top
bearing around. It managed to find it's way up the oil hole). It might help to
lower the crank by loosening up the other bearing caps, but I ended up removing
the engine to retrieve the nail/head. A lesson learned.

If you don't think there's a "foreign body" up there, you could try using an
old bearing half and the 2 pounder, to persuade the stuck bearing out. Do your
best to not scratch the crank.

Dick