Re: [6pack] OT: TR6 on citibank site

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] OT: TR6 on citibank site
From: "Scott Tilton" <triumph.tr4@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:19:32 -0400
It has been a long time since I saw it.  At least one, maybe two decades.

Anyone ever watch the "rockumentary"  of The Who -  "The Kids are Alright?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_Are_Alright_(film)

There was a clip in there that featured a TR4.
I want to say all 4 members of the band were piled into or on to it as it
drove around an enclosed space, like a warehouse or something similar.
It may have even been stop action - or rather a series of rapid succession
still photos pieced together like a film (for artistic effect)

It was essentially a primitive music video decades before MTV came about.

I want to say that the song was "Happy Jack" which was kind of goofy and fun
and light hearted sounding, and would match my memory of the video.
If it was  . . . then "The Kids are Alright" is the only place you'd see
it.   Since according to Wikipedia
"A *promotional film* for the song "Happy Jack" was shot on December
19<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_19>,
1966 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966> for a BBC
Television<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Television>series called
*Sound and Picture City* but the show was never aired. "

Anyway - as a teenage TR4 driver and Who fanatic - when I saw a video where
the only things in it were the band members and a Triumph  - I was pretty
happy.

Scott Tilton
--
Signature below blatantly stolen from Bud Rolofson:

70TR6 CC5#### (Good 6)
63TR4 CT157## (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
64TR4 CT25### (The Project)
97F-150 L TRUCKO (Triumph Support Vehicle)
1989 Honda Prelude Si 4WS (economic commuter Vehicle)