[6pack] Top latch problems

To: "'6pack List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Top latch problems
From: "Phil Beckman" <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:46:28 -0500
So, I'm planning to take the TR6 on a road trip this weekend and last night I
took it out on the highway just for a final rundown before I head out tomorrow
morning.  It was chilly so I very uncharacteristically drove with the top up.
In doing so I discovered a new quirk my car has developed.

Every few minutes the passenger side latch for the top will undo itself
forcing me to reach over and latch it down again.  Very annoying at 70 MPH on
the highway.  I don't think this is something that will cause me to leave the
TR6 at home tomorrow given that its not supposed to rain and I'll have a
copilot along who can fuss with the latch if necessary but, if there's an easy
fix for this I'd love to hear it.

My first inclination is to think that the top has somehow become misaligned.
If I recall from when I put it on 13 years ago, the frame can be adjusted with
relation to the windshield frame by loosening the screws where it mounts to
the interior behind the seats.  I could mess with that a bit tonight.

Other thoughts or do I just dub my copilot the official top latch maintenance
person.?

Thanks

Phil Beckman
Libertyville, IL