Re: [6pack] "Perished" brake lines?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] "Perished" brake lines?
From: "Phil Beckman" <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:39:54 -0500
Thanks all for the quick responses.  I definitely plan to get this done in
the short term.  The mechanic says its not a critical issue right now so I
told him to hold off on replacing them for now and I'll just do it in a
couple months when I take the car off the road for the winter.  There are a
number of other things I need to do to the car anyway.

As an aside, the mechanic really only found a couple significant issues.
The U-Joints on the half shafts were badly worn so I told him to replace
them.  The bushings on the steering rack were worn which was causing play in
the steering (I knew this one going in).  Clutch hydraulics were leaking
AGAIN.  I told him to just replace the slave rather than rebuilding it
because I've rebuilt the stupid thing like 4 times now.

Beyond that there's nothing major standing in the way of my heading off into
central Indiana.  What could possibly go wrong I mean, hey this is a 35 year
old British car we're talking about here :)