[6pack] "Perished" brake lines?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] "Perished" brake lines?
From: "Phil Beckman" <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:10:59 -0500
So in prep for this trip to central Indiana I'm planning over labor day
weekend I decided to just take my TR6 to a local britsh car mechanic and have
him give the car a once over.  Its been like 8 years since a professional
mechanic looked at the car so I figure its probably not a bad thing to do
anyway.  I've taken the car there before (8 years ago) and he come very highly
recommended.

Anyway, he found a couple things worth doing but one of the things he
mentioned that I should consider doing sometime soon was replace the rubber
brake lines.  He said its not a major safety concern right now but that the
lines are "perished",  I have no clue what that means and didn't bother to ask
him becuase he said its not a major concern right now.

Anybody know what it means for rubber brake lines to "perish"?

Phil Beckman
Libertyville, IL
'73 TR6