[6pack] Seat belts

To: TRIUMPH6PK@aol.com
Subject: [6pack] Seat belts
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:06:14 -0400
Doug:

I purchased the replacement seat belts from TRF for my '76 when they went on
sale several months ago.? The belts are of high quality and were very quick to
install, using all the original mounting points.? The retractors work fine.?
The only negatives is that they don't use a "stalk" from the trans tunnel,
instead just bolting on down low and having webbing connecting the working part
to the tunnel.? The length of that part is adjustable, however, allowing you to
cinch the belts at the waist very easily.? The second negative is that the
actual buckle is very finicky.? On both sides, it just has to be jiggled until
it clasps securely.? I'm used to it by now, but a better design would have
prevented this problem.

I think I paid about $175 on sale, but it might have been less.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
Miami