Re: [6pack] Seat Belts

To: "TRIUMPH6PK@aol.com" <TRIUMPH6PK@aol.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Seat Belts
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:55:43 +0000
Doug, this is only relevant if we are talking about inertia reel belts but
after trying the Securon belts I did considerable research to find a belt that
looked right, that spooled freely and fit into the original seat belt parkers.
Properties that the Securon belts that I was using never exhibited. At VTR
last year I saw a TR6 with belts that met my criterion and it turns out that
they came from Kai Radicke of Wishbone Classics. Kai later told me that he had
researched these belts to come up with the winning combination. I have these
in my TR6 now and they work great. I had to make one additional modification
to the plastic cover that snaps over the bolt on the wheel arch as it was
interfering with the belt and needed trimming.

Kai's belts are not cheap (circa $110 per side plus shipping) but in addition
to being good quality, working correctly and looking correct in the TR6 (stalk
length etc) they cut down on the complaints from the passenger seat
considerably as my wife hated the Securon belts and never hesitated to remind
me!.

I can post pictures if needed.

Stan