Re: [6pack] J-Type Overdrive - Mating the Two Castings

To: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>, "Triumph 6 Pack"
Subject: Re: [6pack] J-Type Overdrive - Mating the Two Castings
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 16:05:45 -0400
Hi John,

> How did you change the oil pressure in the OD?

By adding pressure adjusting shim washers to the valve in the bottom of the
OD. The shift is so abrupt that I use the clutch much of the time going into
or out of overdrive. The OD switch is momentary and on the gearshift knob
using a line lock or nitrous style knob from Hurst. OD works in 2,3, and 4.
It is controlled by a little circuit board that drops out the OD whenever
you pass thru neutral and hitting the button toggles it on or off. No more
unexpected power shifts into OD.

The sad news is that I don't think the fellow supplying the circuit boards
offers them any longer  but what a  nice addition! Glad I have one of the
few he sold.

Rick Patton
75 TR6sci
rick@pattonmachine.com