[6pack] points change troubles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] points change troubles
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:16:51 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to thank everyone for the help/suggestions with my post concerning
point change that made the 6 run worse.  Apparently I had the wrong points.  I
had purchased the points for the early dizzy (two vacuum pots) instead of
points for the later one (retard only).
How i made the wrong points work
amazes me.  Some how I got the two plates separated (theres like a bold head
which slides in a slot that holds the two together).  When this head slipped
out it held the two plates apart........and somehow i secured the points and
set at .015 and it did run (very badly).  Finally today i tore it all apart
and put it back together correctly..........and ended up not being able to fit
the points at all.  The rub pad would not reach the post at all.  Totally
flumoxed I went back to my order sheet and TRF parts book and hopefully I've
found the answer by ordering correct points.  Not sure why I didn't research
things better in the beginning.
And I do have electronic ignition ready to put
on along with sport coil.  I just wanted to break in the engine and get it
running well before changing.  I also want to have a good spare
points/condenser mounted on plate to carry along in case the crane system goes
boink. lol
again.............LOVE the list.......thanks everyone!
gary
nafziger