Re: [6pack] Compression Ratio Calculation

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Compression Ratio Calculation
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:41:37 -0700
I'll admit you said it better than I did Vance. Thats what I get for writing
stuff while I have a nasty headcold. Thats what I was getting at by saying
that the burn was more efficient when you retain more of the combustion
chamber shape. Higher efficiency through the burn results in more power. With
mild compression increases, the difference between the two techniques might
not be so obvious to the average butt-dyno, though would probably be easily
seen on an actual dyno, not only in more power but smoother power as well.

In my Ford Cortina 1600GT, the combustion 'chamber' was in the piston head and
the valve surface of the head was flat, no chamber on the head what so ever.

Shawn