[6pack] Surrey top on aTR6

To: "6pack-digest@autox.team.net" <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Surrey top on aTR6
From: salva57@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:10:59 +0000 (GMT)
Hello list, the surrey top assembly should fit right on the TR6 without
problems. The aluminum cap on top of the windshield frame will have to be
changed and the frame itself drilled to accept the front hold down bolts if
you plan on using the hard center section, not necessary for the soft center
part. As for practicallity zipping up a tonneau cover is way faster than
installing the soft center part when you're suddenly caught in a rain shower.
It's a good thing that harware can be stored in the trunk. Wind buffetting ? I
learned that driving with my elbow out is just perfect to defflect most of it
from the side of my face. I finally got around to finishing the center hard
part, by the way, even after spending around a couple grands for a complete
assembly, (all aluminum from factory) be ready to invest close to one more to
refinish, paint to match, new seals all around, and new headliner, take my
advice put your pride aside and let a pro do that part, well worth it. Once
installed you'll have a coupe that's much quieter than you ever thought with
all the squeaks and rattles gone. The only drawback being where to store it
when not in use (this is not a 914!), but it looks so good on that it might
stay on a while.
Sal.
TR250 SC Surrey topped, no OD.
www.triumphowners.com/381