[6pack] hardtops on TR6s

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] hardtops on TR6s
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:38:33 -0500
    Hi all.....just throwing in my two cents. I love the look of the surrey
tops and the hardtops. My sentiment is that the original hardtop for the TR6
is just about the only removable that I have seen that looks as though it
was designed to fit car. All others look like afterthoughts, which I am sure
they were. I have a pimento red TR6 with matching hardtop and I think its
spot on. HOWEVER, that top is a PITA to install. Removing it is no
issue.....DUH! But to get that bugger back on; I had to walk away from it a
couple of different times and finally had to get my wife to push on one side
while I pushed down on the other to get the bolts started. Poor alignment,
or that's the way it fits; I don't know. All I can say is the TR6 looks
great either way; but you must decide if you want to drive it with or
without the hardtop, because it is no joy to install at the spur of the
moment (especially if the better half is po'd at you). Happy country roads
to all!   Jim in York, Pa.