RE: [6pack] Grease on calipers

To: <richard.r.olson@faa.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Grease on calipers
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:05:00 -0800
        Rick:

        Actually, what you have done is fine as far as it goes.

        The rubber grease is used to lubricate parts that are not
exposed to brake fluid, and as such would otherwise run without
lubrication. The rubber grease is fully compatible with the various
rubber dust seals  so that they will not degrade or swell, and yet will
lubricate moving parts. If a rubber part is exposed to brake fluid, then
the brake fluid itself does the lubricating.
        An example of rubber grease usage might be where your clutch
slave push rod meets the dust seal on the end of the slave cylinder.

        Cheers,

        Vance