[6pack] Original side mirror removal

To: "'6pack List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Original side mirror removal
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:50:16 -0800
Hello again listers.

I gutted the doors today.  Everything came out just fine except for the side
view mirror.  I have the original trapezoid style.  The mirror stem spins to
prevent the unit from snapping off if hit.  When I try to loosen the large
nut inside the door and hold the mirror in place, the spinning feature of
the mirror kicks in preventing any progress on the nut.  I considered using
a vise grip on the end nipple-type piece to prevent spinning, but I thought
I would consult with the wise list before I created another "ask me how I
know" story.

Thanks as always for your help.

Andy

CD6746L HVDA