Re: Was [6pack] Engine Quiz : now front cross brace tube

To: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Was [6pack] Engine Quiz : now front cross brace tube
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:15:11 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Chuck Arnold wrote:

> I have "opened up" the holes in the brace so as to get it to align a little
> easier -- this helps to avoid stripping in the first place [two out of 6 are
> stripped, and oh well!
> The stripped hole bolts do stay in and it is not like that puppy is going to
> move against the four that are there properly seated.

I hear you on this. My concern is that the two stripped bolts are on the
same side, and with the one remaining bolt tight, if I lift the frame, I
can see movement between the frame and the cross-brace.

On the one hand, it only allows positive camber change.

On the other, it probably effects toe in turns.

I was thinking of making an alternate cross brace using a piece of track
bar with heims joints on either end and a sort of horn thingie on either
side, but that "project" never took off. Yet.

Like I said, I'll play with it tonite. I'm quite anxious to get it all
together so I can fire that puppy up!.

c ya,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489