RE: [6pack] Cam Indexing

To: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Cam Indexing
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:55:30 -0800
        John:

        On the early cars with the simplex cam drive chain, you can turn
the cam sprocket over which moves the timing by a small amount. Between
jumping the cam one tooth and turning the sprocket over you can adjust
the timing in increments of 2 degrees or so.
        For the later cars with the duplex chain, this is not an option
as the cam sprocket cannot be turned over. Offset keys or an adjustable
timing set are your options. The offset keys are much less expensive
obviously, and since you will probably set the timing once and then
forget it, the vernier cam sets are way overkill.

        Cheers,

        Vance